Wednesday, February 13, 2013

For those of you who are bugged that I didn't tell you about my story before I posted a scene

I was actually working on my novel for a little bit yesterday, and I wrote this synopsis. Since I was rather mean and didn't tell you anything about the plot when I gave you the scene, I thought I would share it with you. Once again, it hasn't been edited or anything (at least not much). And like before, parentheses mean I don't have a name yet. If you have any good ideas for names of countries, evil princes, slightly odd allies, old kings, or just good names in general, please share them! Now, my synopsis:

      ( country ) is a peaceful, thriving country with great opportunities for inventors and explorers. Bryllen Tate is one of the explorers. Chosen specifically by Prince ( name ) to chart new lands, she resigns herself to her quest. After spending most of her 17 years sailing with her father, Bryllen loves the sea, but disturbing memories of what happened on her last expedition keep her from looking forward to this one.
      Then, just as Bryllen is becoming more confident, an unexpected encounter with the last person in the world she wants to see again brings a new side to this quest. More is at stake than anyone thought, and Bryllen must choose between exploring new lands for ( country ) or endeavoring to save what land it already has. 

Like it? If you feel like critiquing, please email me (since long comments might be a pain) ;). Oh, just a note, in case you were wondering, Bryllen is pronounced BRILL-en. If that makes sense. Hopefully this synopsis makes it easier to understand! (not harder...) And judging from the last novel I wrote, don't depend on this synopsis to be accurately descriptive of what the story will actually turn out as. But I am trying to do better at having the plot be somewhat more realistic from the beginning instead of finally deciding there's no way it'll work AFTER I start writing it.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds good!! I'm excited to see more of what you've written:) :) Hopefully I'll find some time soon to send you an email about it!

    ReplyDelete