Friday, March 1, 2013

In which I say nothing of great importance

I'll warn you ahead of time, this will probably be random. I rarely have a plan of what I want to blog about, so it'll be the random things my mind happens to wander to. Which will still probably have a main point by the time I'm finished. (Funny how that works...)

Anyway, writing update: I haven't gotten much farther, but I have answered a few more questions in the Map and I've been thinking about parts of the story I need to develop more. As I get farther along, I might need some help brainstorming, so I'll let you know if you want to help. Usually my mom's pretty good at talking things through, but most of the suggestions I get from the rest of my family are something along the lines of 'aliens driving ice cream trucks'. Which is funny the first time, but not super helpful.

I've also been thinking about my novel from last year, which, as I believe I've mentioned before, was being revised until I took a 'break' (a.k.a. stopped). I read through some of my 'revised' chapters this morning just for fun (some of you have read/heard them... chapters 3-5, when Aubrinn finds out Tynon's behind the whole capture, then the days in the woods with Drey, and arriving at Britta's house... if that rings any bells). Revised? Ha! Well, the basic idea and plot is decent, and they're better than they used to be, but there are still a lot of lumps to work out. Ok, more like hills. Mountain ranges. But I'll stop now.

Yesterday I wrote the narrative poem we were supposed to do this week for English homework. It was so fun! I knew narrative poems would be my favorite kind... Anyway, it's not a ballad, and it might be long enough to be an epic... a full page, two columns. Mrs. Mann, would it be OK for me to post it here sometime? :) Along with this, it gives me a little hope that I might possibly be able to write songs and/or poems for stories in the future. We'll see. But the same time, I think I need to write poetry in spurts, at least rhyming/rhythmic poetry. After I finished yesterday, I was still thinking in rhythm. For a few hours at least.

The last random thing I want to mention (unless I think of more to say) is the stop-motion video I made last weekend. That was also tons of fun! In case you're wondering, no, I don't randomly come up with huge, ambitious projects to give me something to do on weekends. (usually) No, OYAN is having a video contest again this year, so that's what my video is for. I would put it here and let you all see it, but I'm not allowed to put it anywhere else online until they announce the contest winners. So after that I will either post it here or post the link to it elsewhere.

Oh, I did think of something else! Today it is exactly one week until my birthday :D. It's getting closer, and I'm getting excited! But I don't have anything else to say about it.

Well, I don't have a main point after all. Oh well, maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. Happy late birthday! We're close together - mine is March 14.

    And I'm sorry it took me so long to read this, but yes, of course, you may post whatever writing you do for me - just as long as it isn't your WHOLE post for that week (comment on it for the word count, like you did with your poem above).

    ReplyDelete