King Under the
Mountain
I am a king without a place to stay
My home and kingdom removed from my hands
Through desperate odds I will contrive a way
To win my father’s
treasure and his lands
The gold belongs to me and to my kin
But now our halls are guarded by that beast
Under the mountain in our halls within
Revenge is mine; we go into the east
My company, my friends and I will go
To Erebor, the kingdom rightly mine
The dragon shall be ousted, overthrown
The Arkenstone again I shall see shine
That precious prize so treasured for its glow
It shall be mine alone. Be warned, O foe!
:D I like it. But I like pretty much anything having to do with The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings. No, I'm not going to tell you the character's name, but I'll give you an opportunity to guess, for those of you familiar with the story. In fact, the first one to tell me this character's full name AND the first names of his father and grandfather, will get some sort of prize, which is yet to be determined ;). But it will be a decent prize, I assure you.
Have fun guessing! ↓
Very epic! That song will be great, I know it! Since I'm not familiar with LOTR I can't guess, but its an awesome poem anyways!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :)
DeleteI am sorely tempted to google the answer, but I fear that might be cheating. I know who it is, but I can't remember his name! Is the father Thorin? Or am I way off? I bet my husband would know...could I phone a friend?
ReplyDeleteAnd you did GREAT with following the strict requirements of this assignment! I thoroughly enjoyed your poem. Thanks for posting the example for others, too - this was a tough one!
Thanks! You're close--Thorin is one of the 3 names ;). You can look it up in the book... or you could ask your husband. I'd allow that :).
Delete