Anyway, I'm going to tell you a little bit about my main character (MC). It might be difficult seeing as I haven't named her yet, but hopefully it'll still be mostly clear.
Here's what I think she's going to look like:
You know, basically. Light blond hair, blue eyes.
I also considered this picture as my 'main image', because of the lighter hair:
But I like the first one better. I don't know exactly why, but she seems to fit sci-fi better, I guess. And she seems a little less... bouncy? Happy? Bubbly? You know...
Now, more about her. As you might have been able to tell from what I said just now, she's not a particularly playful person. I haven't decided a whole lot about her personality, but she is mature for her age (18), because she has a lot of responsibility. Maybe I shouldn't say she's not playful--she just doesn't have time to play. Like I said, I'm still deciding some things, one of which is whether she's an introvert or an extrovert. Both of my previous main characters have been introverts, so I kind of want to make this one different, but I don't know how well I can pull it off. I'm seriously lacking in experience of how it feels to be an extrovert.
Let's see... She's a hard worker, and has to be to support herself and her mother. (I haven't decided what kind of job she does yet though.) The way I'm setting things up (and having fun with it! :), the government/whoever (possibly changing) controls how much money people can earn at specific jobs and specific times of life. For example, jobs working with the element thing that I told you about in the last post pay better than, say, working in a clothing store. Of course, the owners of the factory or store or whatever aren't under as much control as their employees (and they're probably part of the richer upper class that mainly make up the government anyway, so... yeah.) But hopefully you get the idea. In relation to that, parents make enough money to support their children when they have them (according to number of children as well) but the additional money automatically stops when the child turns 18 unless they are already 'registered' as having a disability that keeps them from working (and you can't avoid it or lie and say your child's not 18 yet--this is sci-fi, people can know stuff like that). So once you're 18 you have to support yourself. (You can get a job younger than 18, but it also doesn't pay as well). So my MC has to support herself, but there's the added complication that her mother is unable to work because of illness (I won't go into detail now). She (the MC) has to take care of her mother, but is only earning enough to comfortably support one person. Yes, it's a little complicated, but hopefully you see why this is a problem... because I don't know how to explain it better... Anyway, there are other factors that play into this whole problem too, but I don't want to confuse you too much with a ridiculous amount of information.
Just remember that none of this is set in stone :). I'm still in the beginning stages of planning all this out, so some of it is likely to change. I hope I've interested you in my main character, though!


No comments:
Post a Comment