Friday, February 1, 2013

To Share a Few Ideas

And so we come again to that point in the week where I must write a blog post, and yet I have nothing on my mind to write about. Well, I guess I have stuff on my mind, but it's not necessarily right (or ready) for a blog post... at least not now. Maybe after I've processed it a little more. ;)

Now, to think of something to actually write about. (I'm sorry you have to go through my mind-wanderings every time...) HA! Ok.

So I've been thinking it would be fun to write some 'revised and expanded' versions of a few lesser-known Grimm's fairytales. Yes, I know I'm not really getting anywhere with the story I'm already working on, but I'm always coming up with new ideas anyway, so why not at least develop them a little, right?

Anyway, I've been reading a few Grimm's tales, trying to find some good ones. Most of them have very under-developed characters and only slightly developed plots, so they make good 'springboards', where I can take the basic plot/characters and spend a little more time on them, making them 'fuller', I guess. I've mostly been looking for the ones that are decent stories as they are, ones that I can think, 'I'd like to read more in that story' or 'I would love to read that story with more details' or something to that effect. Yes, I've found a few so far, but I really haven't done much more than pick out some of the ones I like. So I'll keep you updated. The next steps are narrowing down and then imagining (the best part ^_^). Hopefully I won't abandon my other novel, since I need to have something written in time for Summer Workshop (which I am officially signed up for now!! YES! :D).

And that's all I have for you. Sorry, no deep thoughts or main points. I gave shared some of my ideas, you'll have to wait for anything more. :)


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you could post one of your stories (or part of one) sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I like that idea, S! I've always wanted to do something similiar too:)

    ReplyDelete