Ok, I need to post about something. What that something is might be harder to come by...
It's been a while since I did a post with stuff from Pinterest! Maybe I'll start with that and see if it goes anywhere...
Isn't this guy just adorable?! I love the concept of an owl griffin. Griffins are cool enough as it is, but then combine them with an owl... Sweet! Typically, a griffin is a cross between a large cat (like a lion) and a hawk or an eagle. I've also thought of griffins that have black panther instead of lion. I mean, how cool would black griffins be? And a bit scary... But the owl griffin looks like it's a mix of an owl and a persian cat (look at the tail!). Personally, I think it would be an awesome pet. If only...
Ok, this guy. He just looks so fun. And absent-minded. I think he would be a really fun character to write about. He's in a suit and tie, so he's got at least a nice job if not important (it's certainly somewhat dignified). But he's young, so he must be smart to get such a good job. And then he's SITTING ON THE FLOOR MAKING PAPER AIRPLANES! The whole situation is just intriguing.
Heehee. For one thing, I love opals. They're probably my favorite gemstone. But I just love the idea of, say, an archaeologist (or someone) digging up an ancient dragon scale. Ok, yes, I do mean in a story (although I wouldn't object to real-life...). Can you imagine? What else would be discovered in the same place? What kind of adventures would it lead to? It just makes my story-imaginer-brain happy :).
For a long time, I've liked the idea of fairies with butterfly wings. It's just different, but still really interesting. I'm not really sure why I like it so much... I suppose with this you could also imagine super-tiny fairies with butterfly wings--so small that you couldn't tell them from a butterfly unless you looked closely! That would be a fun concept...
I don't know exactly what to tell you about this one. I like her, and I think she'd make a great character, but I actually pinned this picture because I felt like she had (or might have) something to do with my novel. Not sure exactly why. Maybe because she has the same color hair as my hero? She definitely fits in with the overall look of the race... I just don't know who she is! (or who I would want her to be...) But seeing how my original ideas for the story have morphed into something completely new (and better), I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up somewhere in there. I guess we'll find out!
Also in relation to my novel, while I'm thinking about it, I need some names for some people. Actually a lot more than just people, there's also planets, races, cities, technology, animals, plants, food, and all that kind of stuff. But people are easier, so I'm starting with those. I've named my hero, mentor, and ally, but I still have quite a few people who are rather important to the story. The villain (who actually needs two names... one his real name and the other the name of the person he's pretending to be), the hero's mom, the ally's daughter, the ally's parent's, the ally's brother and sister, and the queen, just to list some off the top of my head. And a few more councillor names would be good too. Suggestions would be wonderful.
Well, that's it for today! Pinterest is such an amazing source of inspiration...





The blonde girl definitely looks very similar to all your characters so far. She's purty.... She also looks like she's gone through some struggles. Very intriguing! I'll be interested to see if you'll be able to incorporate her!
ReplyDeleteI especially love your thoughts on the paper-airplane guy. I'd like to hear you tell his story! :)
ReplyDelete