(Clarification: These are the ones that I remember. I wrote a few stories before I really started writing seriously, but no, I don't remember what I named characters when I was five. They were probably all named after myself, my sister(s), or any other name I liked at the time.)
Oh, wait, another thing before we begin--I'm just going to list these by story so it's slightly organized and so I have a systematic way to remember all of these. Also, I'll try to go in chronological order of when the stories were written.
A Bee's New Job
(I wrote this "book" when I was probably around nine or ten. It's an alternate perspective of The Bee Tree by Patricia Polacco. It is "finished" and illustrated.)
-Susan
-Lilli
-Daisy
-Queen Chrysanthemum
-Geranium
Some where in here there was a... something (ok, I guess you could call it a story)... that I started and named people, but it didn't go anywhere and I've started using the names for other things, so I'm not going to include it. So I guess it's not all the characters I've ever named as much as all the ones that went somewhere. There were two of those stories in here, actually.
(This was the first of my short stories/picture books we wrote and illustrated for Writing Class. I was probably around twelve.)
-Rana
-Kitcha
-Kadar
-Sarsoureh
-Yasmin
-Omar
-Rakin
-Mustafa
-Amir
Saved By Rubber Bands
(This is my second of the Writing Class picture books. Maybe age thirteen?)
-Jacob Westwall
-Jeremy Westwall
-Ethan
-Anna
Blue and Butternut
(This was a short story for Writing Class that I forgot about until I started doing this. I don't remember how old I was, but we can guess around fourteen.)
-Jack
-Blue
Andreana's Courage
(Here's another one I forgot about. It's a short story I wrote for a contest.)
-Andreana
-Zaith
-Miedor
-Cyrus of Marwood
Untitled, Unfinished retelling of Beauty and the Beast
(Another I forgot about. It didn't get very far, but I'm listing all the characters I've named, so...)
-Elaina
-Gwendolyn
-Everett
Carrie Ann and Rachel Tess
(These were both part of a "series" I started planning but never got very far with. I named a lot of characters, though... Technically I should list them in age order, but... eh.)
-Carrie Ann
-Bennan
-Lynna Kate
-Emma Lee
-Connor
-Miranda
-Rachel Tess
-Elliot
-Leon
-Aidan
-Brenna Grace
-Kayla Beth
My First Novel (which doesn't have a title)
(Yay, the stuff I remember! I would have been fifteen/sixteen when I started working on this one. Some of the names have undergone revision, so I'll list the final (so far) names.)
-Aubrinn
-Captain Zavier (affectionately referred to as "CZ" in much of my brainstorming)
-Drey (who spent the majority of his first months of existence as "U.G."--short for Unnamed Guy)
-Beth
-Dacia
-Corianne
-Francesca
-Elinore (I just decided this one recently. The poor thing has gone through a lot of changes...)
-the Earl Remington
-Edrick Remington
-Edaline Remington
-Britta
-Elliot (who I believe I cut out...)
-Jaina
-Aaron
-Emory
-Eireen
Measure the Horizon (working title for my second novel)
(I didn't get as far with this one, but I do have some names!)
-Bryllen Tate
-Edmin Tate
-Ferris
-Kendric Banner (last name subject to change)
(No, spellcheck, these names are not spelled wrong. They are perfectly fine, so you can just remove your little accusatory red underline, thank you very much. *scowl* #creativenameproblems)
Scarlett and the Woodcutter
(This one was a short story for English Class last year. It has a few names, so yes, it counts. Actually, interesting tidbit, I pulled the idea for what characters to have from Little Red Riding Hood.)
-Scarlett
-Nicholas Turner
-Sterling (a dog)
-Earl (a horse)
The novel I'm working on now (guess what--no title!)
(I definitely remember these! Then again, there aren't that many to remember...)
-Cambriel Scott
-Ainsley Cartland
-Katrel Valerian
Oh, guess what, that's it! Only three... Well, I've been working on more, so I think there should be a few to add to this list in the near future! (I'm really hoping...) If you want to help me out, could you tell me how you would pronounce the name "Melia"? Thanks!
I hope you enjoyed reading through all these names! I had fun listing all of them, and it helped me remember that I have been successful in naming people in the past!
I would pronounce Melia with the emphasis on 'e'... so Meh-lia
ReplyDeleteSo, like "MEH-lee-uh"?
DeleteOOOH "measure the horizon"!!!!! Love it!
ReplyDeleteYay for Elinore! (We thought about using the "i" spelling.) And I loved your Scarlett and the Woodcutter story. Thanks for sharing these; they were fun to read!
ReplyDeleteHey! My name is in one of your stories! I'm famous!!!!
ReplyDelete