Wednesday, April 16, 2014

College Stuff/Update

Something exciting happened Monday. (Can't you tell? I seem so excited...) Wanna guess?

I registered for classes at Cornerstone! :) It was a little bit odd, because typically one would actually go to the college itself to enroll and visit the place, but, well, that wasn't going to work so well for me. So I did it over the phone.

It was actually a lot easier than I was expecting. Mom and I looked at some of the online resources they have (last year's academic catalog and a thing called WebAdvisor that tells you what classes are available), and we figured out a schedule and stuff that we thought would work. Then when I talked to my admissions counselor later in the afternoon, I was able to get the same schedule we had planned out. Yay! That was nice.

So, of course, you're probably wondering what classes I'm taking. They're mainly (or actually, all, I think) core classes, so general education stuff. But I think they'll still be interesting. Cornerstone is Christian school, so some of the required classes are Bible classes. This first semester, I'm taking Old Testament Literature, which I think will be cool and probably plenty of work. But that's OK :). I'll also be taking some classes required for every freshman, CU Foundations and Creativity, Innovation, and Problem-solving. I don't know exactly what those two will involve, but they sound interesting, so hey.

Let's see, what else... I'll be taking a writing class (kind of the general required English class) and a communication class (a.k.a. public speaking). I had considered taking an Intro to Literature class, but decided with OT Lit. and Writing, I'd probably have enough of that. As much as I love English, it can be possible to have too much of a good thing... especially in school. So I'll probably take Intro to Lit. second semester.

The last couple classes I have next year are Total Fitness and Wellness, which is kind of a general fitness and health course, and an activity course. I wasn't sure what to expect from the activity course, because there are several to pick from and I didn't really know what any of them were. But the ones I saw look really cool! Like, they have a beginning dance class with swing dancing, line dancing, and ballroom dancing, among other things. It looks really cool, but unfortunately it was already full, so... I'll take it another semester :). This coming semester I'll be playing volleyball! It's not for the actual team or anything and it'll probably be mainly basics, but I'm excited to get to play for fun. I'm going to miss playing with all my friends here! But hey, maybe I'll make some new friends and we can be an intramural team or something :).

Anyway, knowing what classes I'll be taking has made the whole college thing a lot more real (besides the fact that graduation is 3 weeks from Saturday...) But it's also made me a lot more excited, to know that this is real! I'm actually going!

Oh, I found out when I'll be moving in, and it's definitely after Pre-season, so I'll be there to watch people :).

2 comments:

  1. That's' awesome, Savanna!! So glad to hear you're moving forward in all this exciting stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting to hear! I also registered over the phone, since I was registering from Australia at the time. :) Those sound like some really neat classes, and I hope I get to hear how they go!

    ReplyDelete