Wednesday, April 9, 2014

I always title my post afterwards in case there's a main point. There isn't.

Soo.... I already told you about what I'm learning about personalities. And I haven't worked too much more on Aubrinn in the last few days (other than narrowing down the is she is for sure an Artisan and either ESTP or ESFP-- I knew those two would be close, because T and F were consistently the closest when I did her personality test. Yes, I attempted to take a personality test as my character. Anyway...)

I did have an idea for my sic-fi novel the other day that has pushed me back into thinking about that too. I don't really want to be working on two stories at once, but this thing I came up with will actually help we work out some things I wasn't sure about, I think. Some. I still need to figure out my villain's motivation, and I've really only focused on Cambriel's side of the story so far. Because it was originally going to be from her point of view. But now that I've decided to add Ainsley's side too, I need to figure out exactly what's going on with her as well. Which shouldn't be too hard, and I like her :).

Ooh, I also had an idea for Aubrinn's story as a plot-twist kind of thing (are you mad that I'm not telling you what these ideas are >:)?) I had originally thought of something slightly different, but I'm not sure either way would really work. I'm sorry, this is probably not making any sense. Ok. I'll explain. It still might not make much sense unless you know at least a little bit about this story... So I was trying to come up with a way to make it so Aubrinn, who does not want to be queen, would have to be queen *evil author grin*. Obviously the best way to do this is to have her father die. But I wanted her to have something that she could work for so that she wouldn't be the heir to the throne in the first place. So I thought, why not give her an older brother? Not obviously, of course. Something happened-- he got kidnapped or ran away (I haven't worked out the details...) and she never knew about him because either they just didn't talk about him or they assumed she knew (or both... family dynamics are fun... :P) So anyway, she has to find her brother so he can stop the villain and she won't have to be queen. Yay! Nope. He dies, not too long after she finds him and thinks he's awesome. Evil Tynon >:(. Poor Aubrinn, losing all the influential guys in her life. Except Drey, almost forgot about him (oops). Ok, sorry.

Anyway, my new twist on this idea was to make the brother Aubrinn's twin. Which would be fun because she's always felt kind of alone and different from her family. I also really just wanted a reason for her to impulsively cut her hair short. Which she would do just to spite her mother, soo...

Okay. I think I've rambled enough about my random ideas for stories that you haven't heard much about in the first place. One last thing for today:


You may remember the original picture I showed you a few weeks ago. Mom found this online photo-editing thing called PicMonkey that's completely free (unless you upgrade, but that's not really necessary.) It's super cool, and there are all sorts of things you can do with it, so I've been messing around with it a little bit for fun. Hence the different versions of the fairy picture. I'm also doing some things for my graduation announcement/invitation with it. And I edited some of my character pictures too (yay for Ainsley's rainbow hair! that was hard...). I'll show you sometime, but you should mess with it yourself. It's cool *nodnod*.

No comments:

Post a Comment